GT Auditing | FAQ
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-15357,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-10.0,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12,vc_responsive


Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who needs Accreditation?

A.   WA HVA is mandatory for individuals and organistaions that operate a Restricted Access Vehicle (RAV).
NHVAS and Trucksafe are voluntary schemes. Go to the Accreditation page to view the requirements of
your scheme.

Q. What paperwork is needed for an Audit?

A.    It varies according to your Accreditation Scheme.  Select the relevant Scheme link on the Accreditation

Q. How do I arrange to do an Audit?

A.   Contact me either by phone or email to arrange an appointment.

Q. How long does it take to do an Audit?

A.    Each audit varies, however, allow a minimum of 3 hours.

Q. Who does the Auditor need to see for the Audit?

A.    It depends on the business structure:
– if you are a sole operator then only you need to be present at the Audit
– if you employ one or more drivers then the following people will need to be available to meet with the
– Owner
– Manager
– Associated Administration Personnel
– Workshop/Mechanical Staff
– Driver/s

Q. What is the cost of an Audit?

A. There are various costs associated with Accreditation;
– an Accreditation fee, paid by the operator, to MRWA
– the Auditor’s fee. Discuss this prior to the Audit
– travel costs, if applicable. Discuss this prior to the Audit

Q. Where does the Audit have to be done?

A. Audit of a single operator at a location other than a business premise is permitted provided all relevant records are available to the auditor. A single operator is defined as an operator who operates up to and including two powered vehicles which under normal circumstances would require Heavy Vehicle Accreditation (this is irrespective of the number of trailing equipment).
All audits (other than for “single operators”) must be conducted at the site nominated on entry to the scheme or at a remote depot from which the operator’s main business is conducted. However, at the request of an operator, and at the discretion of MRWA, the audit may be performed at another location (remote audit); although this will only be considered for approval in exceptional circumstances.

Q. How often do I need an Audit?

A Annual Audits which can be undertaken anytime in the three months leading up to the renewal date